The American Legion Riders Chapter 136 Programs
- Participation in the annual POW/MIA Rally held each Memorial weekend in Washington D.C. known as “Rolling Thunder”.
- Sponsoring or participating in local Charity events and providing Community Service.
- Raising money for such organizations as local VA Hospitals, Battered Women and Children’s Center, Varied Children and Youth programs, a School for Blind Children, Veterans Relief, Needy families and many, many others.
- Sponsoring or participating in motorcycle “Runs” to benefit numerous charities, including charities for underprivileged children and medical research, just to name a few.
- Participation in memorial ceremonies and community parades.
- Donation to Naples Post 135 to assist with funds for recovery of the damage sustained from hurricane Irma.
Comfort Warriors Program
Operation Comfort Warriors is a program dedicated to meeting the needs of wounded, injured or ill military personnel by providing them with comfort items not usually supplied by the government.
- American Legion Vet Relief Program
- This initiative focuses on ensuring that our service men and women have the backing they need to live successful and thriving civilian lives. We facilitate our service through three main areas: Emergency Assistance, Benefits Support, and Community Engagement. By fostering a community of veterans helping veterans we are able to assist during times of immediate need, work to secure benefits earned with service, and provide encouragement through mentorship. Through PROJECT: VetRelief we offer a hand up, not a hand out, to strengthen our service members with dignity and empower them to light the way for the next generation of veterans.
See Page #2